Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Purdue Thoughts

Well a win is a win. The Purdue game went down pretty much as a I thought, except for the fact that Oregon won.

The one thing that did surprise me was how well the Oregon defense played. I was pretty confident that Painter would destroy the Oregon defense, but to my surprise Oregon shut him down. Given the fact that Oregon's defense really struggled on the road last year, the performance this past weekend was a definite surprise, and gives me hope for the rest of the season.

Also I don't think Roper's injury is that big of a deal for several reasons

1) Oregon can beat WSU and BSU with Chris Harper running the ball every single play
2) I still think Jeremiah Masoli will end up being the better QB than Roper long term
3) Roper isnt the long term answer at QB, someone else is (Masoli, Costa, or Harper)
4) Roper looks like some sort of flightless bird. Like an ostrich or maybe a Dodo.

I went 21-19 on my picks for the second straight week, meaning if you follow my betting advice you are now 2.5% richer than you previously were!

Also, I am told by some of my less than loyal readers that the format for my picks sometimes is confusing. This is because they are morons. Regardless i will try to make my picks more user friendly for these dumbasses in the future.