Friday, September 5, 2008

Week 2



I missed week 1 of college football because I was to busy getting my haircut for the first time in several years. I went from the "stoner girl look" to the "lesbian going through Chemotherapy look" Sadly i am told the stoner girl was more appealing.

On to other news......

Christopher Balding is off traveling through Europe after the Republican Party refused to endorse him and provide him any funds for his campaign. Hopefully he remembers that he is traveling not as a candidate but as a citizen.

Also I was hanging out with some new people the other day and it was frightening to realize how the new lingo has passed me bye. Here I was thinking that I am in the know with what is going on but these people were using phrases I had never heard before like "he got that swag when he walks.” Anyway I came up with some new phrases that I can use when I hang out with cool people again.

Keep it bowlin’ – Everyone likes bowling (some WAY more than others), so this is a phrase for when you want to tell someone to stay positive. For example, if someone tells you they lost their job, you can just tell them to keep it bowlin’ and that’ll cheer them up.

Ploppers – This means bad. “Did you see that movie last night? It was ploppers.”

Horribly obese – I’m taking this one step further than the people i hung out with. They say things are fat all the time, so I took it a step further. In this case, it means the most beautiful ever. If a foxy dame comes walking in, you can call her horribly obese. I think it might take some time before it catches on, so use this one with caution because some broads may not have heard it yet and could take it the wrong way.

Willy fingers – Perhaps the hardest to explain, but you get willy fingers when you really want to fight someone. “When my neighbor was yelling at me for making to much noise, I really started getting willy fingers.” Your fingers start moving real fast and itching because they want to hit something – that’s the willy fingers.

Anyway.....

Oregon football opened their season up with a ho-hum 34 point win over Washington. I am pretty convinced after that game that Jeremiah Masoli will end up starting for the next 2 and a half years after the game. He just seems to have a swagger that Roper doesn't. Plus Roper is slower than a pregnant Rebecca Noble. I just keep seeing visions of Brady Leaf when Roper pulls down the ball to run.

I also made gambling picks for week 2 of the college football season. Remember gambling winnings are taxable so be sure to have one of your friends actually place the bet for you!

The winner is on the left (Note to all you dumbasses out there...these are picks against the spread not for who is gonna win straight up)

Michigan State -21 vs Eastern Michigan
Syracuse -4 vs Akron
Miami OH +14 @ Michigan
Duke +6 vs Northwestern
Georgia Tech +6.5 @ BC
West Virginia -8 @ East Carolina
Bowling Green -5 Minnesota
Southern Miss +18 @ Auburn
Nebraska -27 vs San Jose State
Tulane +29.5 @ Alabama
Oregon -35.5 vs Utah State
Cincy +22.5 @ Oklahoma
Ohio State -33.5 vs Ohio
Marshall +20.5 @ Wisconsin
Miami +23 @ Florida
Texas Tech -10 @ Nevada
Georgia -24 vs Central Michigan
Oregon State +15 @ Penn State
Air Force +3 @ Wyoming
Washington +9 vs BYU
Notre Dame -22 vs SDSU
Texas AM -2 @ New Mexico
Pittsburgh -13.5 vs Buffalo
Houston +15.5@ Oklahoma State
Kent State+7 @ Iowa State
Wake Forest -7.5 vs Ole Miss
Cal -13.5 @ Washington State
Western Michigan -6.5 vs Northern Illinois
South Florida -13.5 @ Central Florida
Temple +6.5 vs UCONN
Kansas -20.5 vs La Tech
Rice +3 @ Memphis
Utah -21.5 vs UNLV

Arizona -23 vs Arizona
Arizona State -14 vs Stanford
UTEP +26.5 vs Texas
FIU +26.5 @ Iowa

UL Monroe +13.5 @ Arkansas
North Texas -22 vs Tulsa
FAU -12.5 vs UAB

Middle Tennessee State +12.5 vs Maryland