Monday, May 28, 2007

Tony Bennett

Today is a sad day for Oregon Basketball. Michael Harthun, the Medford PG who has a "Blake Stepp feel to his game", has spurned the Ducks and instead will go play for WSU instead. Several days ago i blogged about how important it was for Oregon to land Harthun and those words fell on deaf ears to everyone but one person, Tony Bennett, the head coach of WSU. It is no coincidence that immediately after i posted my evaluation of Harthun, WSU swooped in and picked him up.

This leads to only one conclusion: Tony Bennett is an active reader of the BaldingReport. Knowing that other Pac Ten coaches are mining my blog for basketball tidbits is encouraging and certainly gives me legitimacy, but at the same time it is cause for concern. I am afraid that opposing teams will use this blog to gain an unfair advantage over the Ducks.

I am certain the more extreme members of the Oregon sports media (Bellamy, Giansante, Bob Welch, etc...) will demand I quit posting basketball related content out of respect for the Ducks, but my allegiance is to my readers and not my favorites sports teams. So rest easy tonight Mr. Bennett, there is more information on the way.

BaldingReport Out.